Every year, in the third week of January, Springfields Motorbike Show is held. The show planned for this year will be nothing but a weekend filled with interesting exhibitors and much more. Read on to find out more about this event.
Every year, Springfields Motorbike Show takes place in the third week of January. The show planned for this year will be nothing but a weekend filled with interesting exhibitors, trade stands, and clubs, along with notable guest speakers.
The admission fee is priced at £7 for adults and £3 for children (between the ages of 5 and 15).
Stands This Year
The Motorbike Show is a huge success largely because of the brands that put up stalls. There are stalls for food, motor accessories, clothing, and customisable memorabilia.The stalls for this year are:
- Grapefruit – Online recipe box company
- Wilsfords – Fudge
- Smokey Jones – Chilli, stew and the likes
- Coffee Rush
- Leather Genie
- City of Leather – Biker clothing
- J & B Motorcycles/Branded Biker – Accessories and clothing
- Tim Green – Army kit, bags, and so on
- Hunterclass – Clothing
- Motus Bike Wear – Helmets and clothing
- Fat Maggot Clothing Co.
- Atomic 56 Ltd – Hoods and bags
- Whotz Hot Ltd – Superwrench outback hats
- Jayne’s Designs – Clothing and jewellery
- HRS – Jackets, helmets and other accessories
- Dionic Energy – Bracelets
- Adrian Smith Photography – Photographs, mugs, key rings
- Classic Coatings Ltd – Powder coated, blasted
- Wheels Motorcycles
- Darren Stanton – Signs and number plates
- C P Racetec – Braided brake hoses
- Rustbuster Ltd.
- M Bond
- Lancaster’s Marketing Ltd – Retro signs and like merchandises
- Portsonachan Hotel
- Woodland Trust – Charity
- Christopher Morris – Books
- Virago Star Owners Club
- Triumph Owners South Lincs & Peterborough
- Moto Guzzi Club
- Vulcan Riders Association
- Boston Motorcycle Riders
- Motorcycle Action Group
Clothing and Accessories
A Word on the Guest Star of the Event
Gracing this year’s Springfields Motorbike Show is Ian Hutchinson. This biker from West Yorkshire seeks his thrills in the infamous races of the Isle of Man TT. During the grand opening of the Isle of Man TT race, Ian won the podium position in the category of the Supersport 600 race. This victory comes as the second consecutive win. All the credit goes to Ian’s impeccable form from start to finish of the race.
Ian has 14 junior TT victories to his credit. Such a high number of wins puts him in the same league as Mike Hailwood. Last year, as a recognition, Ian was awarded the Torrens Trophy, a coveted felicitation from the Royal Automobile Club. Ian was presented with one of nine trophies in the clubs history. The award recognises his grit, outstanding courage and his persistence in overcoming all hurdles to score multiple TT victories.
Springfields Motorbike Shows of the Years Gone By
The motorbike event was a big success in 2015 at Spalding. The 2016 event saw a lineup of legends like McGuinness, the star of Isle of Man TT races. There was also a splendid display of various winning bikes from all classes.
The motorbike show is true to its name; it gives the participants chance to ogle at the perfect mix of old vintage bikes and modern fast machines. Also, those who wish to buy a bike - used or new, can do so at one of the sale stalls.